Plan ahead and expect delays: Road closures around Ann Arbor
September 8, 2020 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised of upcoming road closures expected later this week around Ann Arbor.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Weather permitting, South Fifth Avenue is anticipated to be closed at John Street beginning on Wednesday, Sept. 9.
- Southbound traffic will be detoured west on Madison Street, south on Main Street, then east on Hill Street back to Fifth Avenue.
- Northbound traffic will be detoured west on Hill Street, north on South Main Street, then east on East Madison Street back to South Fifth Avenue.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained.
- The project is expected to be completed by Oct. 9.
- On Friday, Sept. 11, Washington Street approaching First Street is scheduled to be closed to vehicle traffic.
- Westbound traffic will be detoured southbound on Main Street, westbound on Liberty Street, then northbound on Third Street back to Washington Street.
- Eastbound traffic will be detoured southbound on Third Street, eastbound on Liberty Street, then northbound on Ashley Street back to Washington Street.
- Local traffic and pedestrian through traffic will be maintained.