Fall MiChart System Upgrade coming Oct. 18: Training materials now available
Training materials for the Oct. 18 upgrade to Michigan Medicine’s Electronic Health Record are now available.
To prepare for new functionality and enhancements, training content has been prepared for all MiChart users to review before these changes go into effect. For the Fall upgrade, eLearning modules are only being pushed out to the Revenue Cycle Department.
All other content is available for review on MiChart Upgrade Training Resources website. The content is organized by role and contains slides of relevant changes, with links to tip sheets and/or videos where applicable.
A practice environment featuring the changes coming in the Fall MiChart upgrade is now available to all MiChart users through Virtual Places (https://vplaces.med.umich.edu). This will provide users a chance to experience the upgrade changes prior to the go live on Oct. 18.
Select the Epic MiChart Practice Upgrade Environment icon to log in. Detailed instructions for accessing the practice environment, including login and patient information, can be found on the Practice Environment webpage.
About the upgrade
The Fall upgrade will include updates, system maintenance and new features to the MiChart application. The newest upgrade will enable some significant changes and enhancements, including:
- Personal spell-check dictionaries for every MiChart user
- New ICU Liberation tools to monitor sedation levels, integrating orders and flowsheet documentation into specialized tasks, activities, alerts and specialized storyboard displays
- Improved process for clinicians to reconcile orders for discharge right from Manage Orders with reconciliation on the fly alerts
- Redesigned Snapboards are more intuitive to use helping users find information more quickly
- Streamlined process for Radiologists to review and document a
study in the new Reading Palette
- Consolidated follow-up work queue for Professional Billing staff with a specialized Storyboard
- Updated MyChart Patient Portal home page for patients with an option to setup two-factor authentication
For more information