Call for nominations: Jack Billi Award for Inspiring Quality Improvement
Submissions are now being accepted for the inaugural Jack Billi Award for Inspiring Quality Improvement! This new award was created in 2020 in recognition of Jack Billi, M.D., a longtime University of Michigan physician and faculty member who has had a tremendous impact on quality improvement work in our organization.
This award recognizes someone who exhibits the passion for quality improvement that Billi inspired.
Nominations will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Exudes enthusiasm for improvement and learning
- Treats work as an experiment: finds and fixes the root causes of important problems
- Models “Go See, Ask Why, Show Respect”
- Engages, coaches and inspires others to improve their work
- Has applied quality improvement methods resulting in measurable change and transformation in a unit, department or the larger organization.
For more information and to access the nomination form, click here. All Michigan Medicine faculty and staff are eligible for the award, with the exception of those who are fully appointed to the Quality Department.
Submissions are due by the end of the day on Friday, Sept. 11. The winner will be announced during this year’s Quality Month Symposium. More information on the symposium will be available soon, so keep an eye on Headlines for updates.