August 20: COVID-19 UPDATE
NEW TODAY: Here’s the latest information about Michigan Medicine’s management of operations:
- COVID-19 PATIENT STATS
- TEAM MEMBER COVID-19 TESTING
- NEXT GENERATION SELF-SCREENING TOOL
- LEADERS TO HOST VIRTUAL TOWN HALL ON FRIDAY, AUG. 21
- STUDENT MOVE-IN COMING NEXT WEEK
DAILY COVID-19 PATIENT STATS
Today’s census for COVID-19 inpatients and those patients under investigation (PUI) are noted below:
COVID-19 Patient Percent Positivity (7 day moving average)
Symptomatic testing: 4.29%
Asymptomatic testing: 0.40%
Discharges: 687 total COVID-19 discharges to date, 0 in the last 24 hours. These numbers include patients discharged to skilled nursing facilities but excludes deaths and discharges to hospice.
TEAM MEMBER COVID-19 TESTING STATS*
* Data from 3/10 through 8/20. The testing stats reflect just Michigan Medicine employees, not all University of Michigan employees. It also reflects only those who sought testing at or were hospitalized at Michigan Medicine or reported their testing to Occupational Health Services. Some Michigan Medicine employees may have been tested outside our system.
NEXT GENERATION SELF-SCREENING TOOL
On Aug. 24, the University of Michigan will launch the self-screening tool ResponsiBLUE, found at responsiblue.umich.edu, which is the next generation of the current screening tool at healthscreen.umich.edu. There is no need to re-save the link if you have already saved it on your phone. The QR codes provided at entrances will continue to work, as well.
Note there are several new pieces of information about the screening tool:
· Beginning Aug. 24, all faculty, staff and learners will be expected to use the screening tool at the beginning of the day, including those working or studying remotely. We are using ResponsiBLUE to meet state regulatory requirements for health screenings in all U-M facilities, at all locations.
· Starting Aug. 24, ResponsiBLUE will require a level-1 login for access.
· Only those who get a green check at the end of the screening are allowed to enter U-M and Michigan Medicine buildings and facilities.
· If you don’t have access to a computer or smart phone, a verbal screening at select entrances will be required to enter a Michigan Medicine building or facility. The verbal screenings will be take additional time, as the screeners will be asking the same questions used in the online tool.
LEADERS TO HOST VIRTUAL TOWN HALL ON FRIDAY, AUG. 21
The Michigan Medicine leadership team will host a virtual Town Hall discussion from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 21.
At the town hall, leaders will share the latest updates from around the organization. To attend, click on the following link:
To join via iPhone one-tap:
To join via telephone:
Dial: +1 301 715 8592
Webinar ID: 924 7826 5278
STUDENT MOVE-IN COMING NEXT WEEK
Student Move-In 2020 is scheduled from Aug. 24-Aug. 30. With it will come changes to regular traffic and parking patterns, many in close proximity to the medical campus. Click here for details.
Still have questions?
We are also posting all daily bulletins and policies on Michigan Medicine Headlines at https://mmheadlines.org/covid-19-updates/. Please bookmark that site and refer to it for the most up-to-date information.