AUGUST 18: COVID-19 UPDATE
NEW TODAY: Here’s the latest information about Michigan Medicine’s management of operations:
- COVID-19 PATIENT STATS
- TEAM MEMBER COVID-19 TESTING
- MICHIGAN COVID-19 UPDATE
- HIGH RELIABILITY TRAINING NOW AVAILABLE IN MLEARNING
DAILY COVID-19 PATIENT STATS
Today’s census for COVID-19 inpatients and those patients under investigation (PUI) are noted below:
COVID-19 Patient Percent Positivity (7 day moving average)
Symptomatic testing: 4.39%
Asymptomatic testing: 0.73%
Discharges: 687 total COVID-19 discharges to date, 0 in the last 24 hours. These numbers include patients discharged to skilled nursing facilities but excludes deaths and discharges to hospice.
Deaths and hospice: Since March 10, Michigan Medicine hospitals have had 119 total deaths or discharges to hospice, 0 in the last 24 hours.
TEAM MEMBER COVID-19 TESTING STATS*
* Data from 3/10 through 8/18. The testing stats reflect just Michigan Medicine employees, not all University of Michigan employees. It also reflects only those who sought testing at or were hospitalized at Michigan Medicine or reported their testing to Occupational Health Services. Some Michigan Medicine employees may have been tested outside our system.
MICHIGAN COVID-19 UPDATE
As of Monday, Aug. 17, the state of Michigan has reported 93,185 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 6,325 deaths. Over 2.6 million laboratory diagnostic and serologic tests have been conducted. Wayne, Detroit, Macomb and Oakland counties report the highest number of confirmed COVID-19 across the state.
In your communities and on the Michigan Medicine campus, please continue to practice the habits that reduce the spread of COVID-19: properly wearing a mask, practicing social distancing, and frequent handwashing. Take pride in the power of prevention and keeping our communities safe.
HIGH RELIABILITY TRAINING NOW AVAILABLE IN MLEARNING
After canceling in-person high reliability universal skills classes due to COVID-19, the curriculum has been modified to an eLearning series now available in MLearning. At this time, there are no in-person or virtual classes available.
This online eLearning series should be completed by all faculty and staff who are assigned SAFE-C90239 in MLearning, and did not complete an in-person course prior to March 12, 2020. Here are a few key points about the new eLearning series:
· If you are required to complete HRO Universal Skills, you will be assigned the SAFE-C90239 “certification” in your MLearning learning plan.
o NOTE: If you already completed the in-person version of HRO Universal Skills, you do NOT need to complete this eLearning series.
· The series consists of eight (8) individual eLearning units that you should complete in sequence. Progress is saved, so the certification can be done over time.
· The deadline for completion is November 30, 2020.
Still have questions?
We are also posting all daily bulletins and policies on Michigan Medicine Headlines at https://mmheadlines.org/covid-19-updates/. Please bookmark that site and refer to it for the most up-to-date information.