Working family resource group to hold kick-off meeting Tuesday
The Office for Health Equity and Inclusion is launching a new employee resource group this week.
The Working Families Resource Group has it inaugural meeting on Tuesday, July 28 at 3 p.m.
Zoom link: https://umich-health.zoom.us/j/98006384064?pwd=bHFvL2Y1TzMrc3liN2dWY3J2TW9DQT09
Meeting ID: 980 0638 4064
One tap mobile
1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
The new resource group joins the current roster comprised of the Black Voices Resource Group, LGBTQ+ Resource Group, Disability Resource Group, Spirituality Resource Group, Middle Eastern (meERG) and Veterans.
These groups are a mechanism for feedback to Michigan Medicine leadership on how to foster inclusion and collaboration.
Resource group membership is open to all Michigan Medicine faculty, staff, students, friends and allies. Group membership is voluntary and the member-led group catalyzes efforts to drive innovation and make workplace culture more inclusive, engaged, productive and aligned to support strategic goals.
Members of the groups may be tasked with:
- Increasing awareness and knowledge among Michigan Medicine leadership regarding issues that influence staff, faculty, trainee and/or student work experience.
- Providing insights into how the organization can embrace an anti-racism culture for each other and the populations served at Michigan Medicine.
- Providing a forum for diverse perspectives and suggestions for organizational improvement to be heard.
- Submitting suggestions for organizational improvement to leadership for consideration.
- Serving as a champion of diversity/inclusion, engagement, and climate improvement efforts throughout Michigan Medicine.
For information on joining all resource groups at Michigan Medicine, email:
Black Resource Group: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working Families: email@example.com
Middle Eastern (meERG): contactmeERG@umich.edu