Reminder: Disclose outside interests in M-Inform in July
It is time to review and update your job-related outside interest disclosures in M-Inform.
Employees who are required to annually disclose job-related outside interests (e.g., executives, managers, faculty, house officers, PAs, APRNs, and certain research staff) received an email reminder at the beginning of July to kick-off the annual disclosure period.
The email reminder included a link to M-Inform with instructions on how to complete your disclosure.
Recall, M-Inform is the U-M online outside interest disclosure system. Even if you do not have a job-related outside interest, you must still log into M-Inform to complete conflict-of-interest training and attest to having nothing to disclose.
Please note that, under Michigan Medicine policy, all employees are required to keep their disclosures of outside interests up-to-date in M-Inform throughout the year. This means that all employees must disclose job-related outside interests as they arise and update disclosed interests if they change.
New for this disclosure period:
- Questions have been added to M-Inform to better understand the nature of certain outside interests (e.g., international engagements and foreign support, type of Board role or employment, etc.). These questions will need to be answered for all new and existing disclosures regardless of the nature of the outside interest.
- The conflict-of-interest training in M-Inform has been expanded with additional information about reportable outside interests to help with responding to these new questions.
M-Inform disclosure guidance:
- For additional conflict of interest and conflict of commitment guidance, go here.
- For examples of M-Inform disclosure criteria, go here.
- For guidance on the role of committee leadership in identifying and managing conflicts of interest of committee members, consultants, and staff, go here.
- For international research and scholarship guidance, go here and here.
For general questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical questions, send an email to email@example.com.