Plan ahead and expect delays: Ann Arbor area road work
July 6, 2020 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised of area road work that may cause traffic disruptions in the coming days.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Beginning today, Bird Road is scheduled to be closed to through traffic between Newport Road and Huron River Drive.
- Eastbound Bird Road vehicle traffic will be detoured northward on Newport Road to Foster Road, then north on Foster Road to West Huron River Drive, and southeast on West Huron River Drive.
- Westbound Bird Road vehicle traffic will be detoured northwest on West Huron River Drive to Foster Road, then south on Foster Road to Newport Road, and east/southeast on Newport Road.
- Local residences will have access maintained with limited interruption.
- Vehicular access to the entrance to Bird Hills Nature Area will only be available from West Huron River Drive.
- The project is expected to be completed by 5 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 21.
- From Wednesday, July 8 until Wednesday, July 22, Depot Street between North Main Street and Fourth Avenue is anticipated to be closed.
- Vehicles turning east from southbound North Main Street will be detoured around the closure, using Kingsley Street and Fourth Avenue.
- Traffic turning east from northbound North Main Street will be detoured around the closure, using Summit ?Street and Fourth Avenue.
- Westbound Depot Street traffic will be detoured at Fourth Avenue to Summit Street, then back to Main Street.
- During construction, access for pedestrians will be maintained as posted. Access for emergency vehicles will also be maintained.