OHEI Community Conversation: COVID-19 Disparities, Underlying Causes – Facilitator: Steve Vinson, UMMG Finance and DEI
Thursday, July 16, 2020
12:30pm - 1:30pm
OHEI is now offering a re-formatted Community Conversations approach that is virtual. We feel that it is important to carve out space for dialogue, provide support for one another, promote self-care, and share valuable resources. It is important now, more than ever, for us to come together as a community.
• What are some of the statistics?
• Discuss the various types of racism.
• Dive into five of the systematic racism elements impacting
• Identify other areas of systematic racism that are influencing
• How can we influence change at an institutional level and what
kinds of actions ca we take as individuals?