Fall MiChart system upgrade coming Oct. 18
The next MiChart upgrade is planned for Sunday, Oct. 18. This will be the second planned upgrade for 2020 with a goal to reduce downtime duration and impact to the organization.
The fall upgrade will include updates, system maintenance and new features to the MiChart application.
The newest upgrade will enable some significant changes and enhancements, including:
- Personal spell-check dictionaries for every MiChart user
- New ICU Liberation tools to monitor sedation levels, integrating orders and flowsheet documentation into specialized tasks, activities, alerts and specialized storyboard displays
- Improved process for clinicians to reconcile orders for discharge right from Manage Orders with reconciliation on the fly alerts
- Redesigned Snapboards are more intuitive to use helping users find information more quickly
- Streamlined process for radiologists to review and document a study in the new Reading Palette
- Consolidated follow-up work queue for Professional Billing staff with a specialized Storyboard
- Updated MyChart Patient Portal home page for patients with an option to setup two-factor authentication
Clinician User Experience Labs
To prepare for new features within the upgrade, MiChart users are invited to attend User Experience Labs to test their daily workflows in a practice environment.
The labs will offer the opportunity to identify the impact of changes and provide feedback to the MiChart Upgrade project team analysts and trainers.
Sign up using this link to attend one of the one-hour sessions offered virtually and at the hospital on the following dates:
- Tuesday, Aug. 25: 1 p.m. – 7 p.m. (University Hospital, 2C-228)
- Wednesday, Aug. 26: 7 a.m. – 1 p.m. (Virtual)
- Thursday, Aug. 27: 6 a.m. – 11 a.m. (University Hospital, 2C-228)
- Friday, Aug. 28: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. (Virtual)
- Monday, Aug. 31: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. (University Hospital, 2C-228)
- Tuesday, Sept. 1: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. (Virtual)
Please be sure to indicate your role and location so that we may better anticipate the type of users and applications that will need support.
Labs are available to all users, but targeted for clinical users. Please note that Billing and Home Health will hold separate, focused lab sessions that will be communicated separately.
For more information