Wellness Wednesday tip: Take care of yourself and those around you
2020 has taken an emotional and psychological toll on many members of the workforce and community. And it’s only June!
This week’s wellness tip is a reminder that you must take care of yourself and those around you. There comes a time when your mind and body will tell you that you just need a break.
- Putting your phone in ‘Do Not Disturb’ mode.
- Turning off the news and social media.
- Disengage in conversations about current events, negativity, family/friend issues, or anything that brings disruption.
- Dive into a fun activity with your family or by yourself.
- Watch a comedy or start a new TV series.
- Have lunch or dinner outside.
- Talk a walk or start a new exercise program.
The list can go on to include many different options of what you can do to unplug and ease the weight of this year.
Below is a compilation our recent Wellness Wednesday tips. Take a break, even if it is five minutes, to read through these or share with others.
April 8: Be kind to yourself
April 15: Navigating the new normal
April 22: Focus and parenting
April 29: Social (-ly distant) summer
May 13: Checking in
May 27: Managing stress and PTSD
June 10: Being a better ally: Pride Month
If you have a tip, let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org!