Virtual diabetes education classes offered amid COVID-19 pandemic
Michigan Medicine patients can connect with diabetes experts and others with the condition in a virtual diabetes education class series, offered once a week for four weeks. Classes will recur every month.
Interested participants can choose between the morning classes held Mondays at 9:30 a.m. and the evening classes held Wednesdays at 5 p.m.
Discussion topics include:
- How diabetes affects the body
- How to eat a diabetic-friendly diet
- How to prevent diabetes complications that affect the heart, kidneys, nerves, eyes and feet
- How medications work to control diabetes
- How to set realistic management goals
Patients must have access to the patient portal, as this is how supplemental materials and class invitations are sent. Technology compatible for a video meeting is also required.
Many insurance companies will cover these classes, but some may require referral from a doctor.
To register or for more information, please call 734-998-2475.