Parkinson’s FREE archived and live online movement & dance classes to join from home
FOUND IN: Culture/DEI, Events
Friday, June 26, 2020 - Thursday, December 31, 2020
11:00am - 5:00pm
Free Parkinson’s Movement & Dance Classes to join from home
Please join us in free classes designed for people with Parkinson’s and their families/care partners.
In these classes, participants will explore music and movement in ways that are enjoyable, creative and stimulating. This program is appropriate for all levels of PD. No dance experience is required. NPR story.
Dance for PD® program is committed to supporting the global community and encouraging people living with Parkinson’s to keep dancing during a time when live classes may not be available. https://danceforparkinsons.org/resources/dance-at-home#opening
- Live Classes and Meetups – Daily live online classes with community chat
- Streamed Class Archive – Free on-demand access to full digital class library, including a featured class of the week
- Free Activities – Free access to a selection of excerpts from At Home DVD series
- Dance by Phone – Free Dance for PD activities for people living without a computer, smartphone or internet access
- Affiliated New York Classes – Join a PD Movement Lab or Sing for PD class
- Affiliated Global Classes – Check classes created by Dance for PD partners and affiliates around the world