Parking and transportation update
To support the university community as activity levels begin to increase on campus, please be advised of the upcoming changes to transportation and parking.
University Transit will increase service as of Sunday, June 28.
Riders should note the following safety measures in effect:
- Use the rear doors to board and exit
- Use face coverings
- Practice social distancing while boarding and riding the bus
- Cleaning and disinfecting all surfaces in buses takes place daily
- Additional buses at peak times will be provided to supplement service from Glazier Way and Fuller Road lots (M75 and NC78)
Service operating as of Sunday, June 28:
- University transit: Summer schedule will operate and includes: Commuter, Med Express, Crisler Express, North-East Shuttle, Wall Street and Northwood routes. Refer to the University Bus Routes guide for routes and schedule.
- Med Express: Service within the M75 (Mitchell Field) lot will be replaced by Glazier Express between 5:20 a.m. and 7 a.m. Med Express will now stop on the north side of Fuller Road inbound to the Medical Center. Link to timetables
- Michigan Medicine shuttles:
- Glazier Express: This route will now service M75 (Mitchell Field) shelters, every 5-10 minutes between 5:20 a.m. and 7 a.m. Link to timetables
- Crisler Express: Morning Crisler Express service will be provided by Indian Trails. Afternoon Crisler Express service will be provided by both Indian Trails and University Blue buses. Link to timetables
- Late Night Shuttles (Monday-Saturday morning, 10:30 p.m. – 5 a.m., Return Service from Taubman Entrance): Service area includes East Ann Arbor (EC1), Plymouth Road Park & Ride, Green Road Park & Ride and Northeast area lots near NCRC. Parkers requiring return transportation to lots along Fuller Road, Glazier Way, Wall Street or other areas outside of the service area should plan to use university bus service or, when needed, other late-night options including Ride Home or Emergency Ride Home.
- Emergency Ride Home, Ride Home, State Street Ride and Paratransit
- AAATA: TheRide added temporary shuttles to serve the Plymouth Road, Miller Road and State Street Park and Ride lots beginning on June 15. These shuttles will run Monday-Friday from 6-9 a.m. and 3-6:30 p.m. For current service offerings and schedules, please refer to their website.
As a reminder, on July 1, parking permit enforcement will be restored for all parking areas on North, Medical, Central and South campuses. Parkers will be required to observe all parking control signs that indicate permits required and enforcement hours.
Permit enforcement for all Medical Campus Structures (P1-P5, Ann, Catherine, Glen and Wall Street) is in effect as of today, June 22.
Patient/Visitor parking on Medical Center Campus, including the Wall Street area, remains enforced.
The Parking Customer Service offices at 523 S. Division Street and UH South reopened Monday, June 15 [523 S. Division: 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. (M-F) / UH South: 7:30 a.m. – 3:45 p.m. (M-F)].
If visiting a parking customer service office is necessary, please observe social distancing while waiting in line. We encourage everyone to order online or return permits by mail if possible.
- Permit holders with AVI devices that auto-renew: Your parking permit has been renewed for FY21. Payroll deductions will be restored at the end of June (last June paycheck) for the start of the new fiscal year.
- Permit holders with permits that do not auto-renew: An email was sent in early June with instructions to purchase a new permit for FY21.
- Permit holders on voluntary furlough: Please do not return your parking permit by mail. University employees who take a voluntary furlough will not be required to pay for parking during the furlough period and payroll deductions are suspended. Deductions resume on your return date and are retroactive for the entire month.
- Permit holders working remotely longer term: If you do not want your parking payroll deductions to resume in June, please return your parking permit AVI by mail or drop-box at Thompson Structure. Remote employees may also purchase daily parking options for occasional needs. If you have a yellow or orange hang tag or sticker, those will just expire and you do not need to send in your old one.
- Postmark by June 30, via U.S. Certified Mail, UPS or FedEx with tracking to: Parking Customer Services, 523 S. Division St., Ann Arbor, MI 48104 (Due to the timing of payroll deductions, you may see a June payroll parking deduction even if you have mailed in or returned your permit in June. If your permit return is postmarked by June 30, the June 2020 payroll parking deduction will be refunded to you.)