Office for Heath Equity and Inclusion launches two additional Employee Resource Groups
The Office for Health Equity and Inclusion will be launching two new Employee Resource Groups. The Black Resource Group and the Working Families Resource Group will join the roster of current resource groups: LGBTQ+ Resource Group, Disability Resource Group and Spirituality Resource Group.
These groups are a mechanism for feedback to Michigan Medicine leadership on how to foster inclusion and collaboration. Resource group membership is open to all Michigan Medicine faculty, staff, students, friends and allies. Group membership is voluntary and the member-led group catalyzes efforts to drive innovation and make workplace culture more inclusive, engaged, productive and aligned to support strategic goals.
Members of the groups may be tasked with:
- Increasing awareness and knowledge among Michigan Medicine leadership regarding issues that influence staff, faculty, trainee and/or student work experience.
- Providing insights into how the organization can embrace an anti-racism culture for each other and the populations served at Michigan Medicine.
- Providing a forum for diverse perspectives and suggestions for organizational improvement to be heard.
- Submitting suggestions for organizational improvement to leadership for consideration.
- Serving as a champion of diversity/inclusion, engagement, and climate improvement efforts throughout Michigan Medicine.
The first meeting for the Black Resource Group will be held virtually this Friday, June 26 from 11 a.m. until noon. Individuals may come and go as their schedule allows and no registration is necessary.
Meeting ID: 981 6994
One tap mobile
Meeting ID: 98169942807
For more information about the Black Resource Group, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The meetings for the Working Families Resource Group will be held on the fourth Tuesday of each month from 3-4 p.m., with the first meeting being held Thursday, July 23.
Meeting ID: 980 0638 4064
One tap mobile
1-312-626-6799 US (Chicago)
1-646-558-8656 US (New York)
For more information about the Working Families Resource Group, contact email@example.com
For information on joining all resource groups at Michigan Medicine, email:
Middle Eastern (meERG): contactmeERG@umich.edu
Working Families: firstname.lastname@example.org
Black Voices: email@example.com