Plan ahead: Barton Drive and M71 parking lot projects
May 26, 2020 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised of road work and a parking lot project that is expected to begin this week around Ann Arbor.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be travelnig in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Beginning today, Barton Drive from M-14 to Pontiac Trail is scheduled to be closed to through traffic for utility work.
- A detour for Barton Drive will be implemented utilizing Whitmore Lake Road, Warren Road, Gleaner Hall Road, Pontiac Trail in both westbound and eastbound traffic.
- Local traffic will be able to use two-lane two-way traffic between M-14 and Brede Place, and one lane of eastbound traffic between Brede Place and Pontiac Trail. As this is eastbound only, traffic approaching homes along Barton Drive will have to use neighborhood streets west of their destination.
- Emergency traffic, as well as mail delivery, package delivery, trash, recycling and compost pickup, will have the same restrictions.
- Pedestrian traffic will be maintained.?
- The project is excpected to be completed by Oct. 13.
- Between Today and Friday, May 29, DTE will be at M71 (the city’s Fuller Road Lot) upgrading four light poles within island areas.
- Approximately six adjacent spaces will be closed in order to perform the work and temporary power shutdown may occur during installation.