Plan ahead and expect delays: Road work around Ann Arbor
Please be advised that road work is scheduled to take place around Ann Arbor in the coming days and weeks.
For those working at the academic medical center, plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- An ongoing project is scheduled to close the intersections of South University and East University avenues until Friday, May 15.
- During this closure, the block of South University Avenue between Church Street and East University Avenue and the block of East University Avenue between Willard Street and South University Avenue will only be open to local traffic.
- All through traffic using South University Avenue will continue to follow the currently posted detour route on Church Street, Hill Street and South State Street.
- Beginning today and lasting through Friday, May 22, paving work is expected to take place in the right northeast-bound traffic lane of Plymouth Road from Maiden Lane to Broadway.
- Construction will take place from approximately 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
- Two-way vehicle traffic will be maintained as will pedestrian access.
- From today until 5 p.m. on Friday, June 19, southbound North Ashley street between Miller and West Kingsley is scheduled to be closed.
- Vehicles will be detoured to westbound West Kingsley Street, then southbound North First Street, then eastbound Miller Avenue, back to North Ashley Street.
- Northbound traffic on North Ashley Street will be maintained. Emergency vehicles will need to? follow detour.
- Pedestrian traffic will be maintained on both sides of the road. ?
- From today until Sunday, May 31, East Madison Street is anticipated to close to traffic in the eastbound and westbound directions at the Ann Arbor Railroad.
- During this closure, traffic will be detoured via South Fifth Avenue, Hill Street and South Main Street. The contractor will maintain pedestrian traffic during construction.
- Beginning Tuesday, May 12, intermittent single-lane closures in one or both directions of travel will likely be in place on East Eisenhower Parkway (Boardwalk to Stone School), Packard Street (Anderson to East Stadium Boulevard), and East Stadium Boulevard (South Industrial to Packard) to perform pavement repairs.
- This work will occur between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. through Friday, May 15, 2020, and may continue during those hours after that date or be further restricted to occur only between 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- The work is expected to be completed by Monday, June 1.