Gifts of Art offers music and art in the time of social distancing
May 7, 2020 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
In the time of social distancing, the Gifts of Art program now has the following music and art offerings:
Music in the hospital
- Bedside Music now has a Song Bank for enjoying or sharing links to songs
- You can listen to past Gifts of Art series concerts
- Excellent regional, national and international performances are available on Visual & Performing Arts Resources site
- Life Sciences Orchestra musicians are playing live on U-M LSO Facebook
- Soothing lullabies
- Gifts of Art is supporting front-line clinical staff in relaxation rooms while continuing to support inpatients with art materials. For art-making kits and fine art coloring books and crayons, contact Bedside Art Coordinator Elaine Reed at email@example.com.
- Dance for Parkinson’s Disease patients and caregivers can still participate in classes at home: https://danceforparkinsons.org/resources/dance-at-home
- Exhibits in nine on-location exhibit galleries have been extended through Aug. 28.
- Call for Exhibits has been extended until June 15, 2020: https://michiganmedicinegiftsofart.submittable.com/submit