April 28: DAILY COVID-19 UPDATE
NEW TODAY: Here’s the latest information about Michigan Medicine’s management of the COVID-19 pandemic:
- DAILY PATIENT STATS
- DAILY TEAM MEMBER TESTING STATS
- ADDED TIME BLOCK: TEAM TOWELS AND SNACKS AVAILABLE
- VISITOR RESTRICTION UPDATE
DAILY PATIENT STATS
Today’s census for COVID-19 inpatients and those patients under investigation (PUI) are noted below:
Discharges: 368 total COVID-19 discharges to date, 11 in the last 24 hours. These numbers include patients discharged to skilled nursing facilities but excludes deaths and discharges to hospice.
DAILY TEAM MEMBER TESTING STATS*
* Data from 3/10 through 4/28. The number of positive employees has been reduced after direct verification of data to ensure accuracy. The testing stats reflect just Michigan Medicine employees, not all University of Michigan employees. It also reflects only those who sought testing at or were hospitalized at Michigan Medicine or reported their testing to Occupational Health Services. Some Michigan Medicine employees may have been tested outside our system.
ADDED TIME BLOCK: TEAM TOWELS AND SNACKS AVAILABLE
The Employee Support Group will be in the UH Cafeteria on Wednesday (4/29) from 6 a.m. to 8 a.m. distributing the University of Michigan Athletics “The Team” towels and snacks. Read more here.
VISITOR RESTRICTION UPDATE
Our visitor policy restrictions have been updated to include:
- Adult primary caregivers of pediatric patients with prolonged inpatient admissions can be allowed to switch out at one week intervals to facilitate appropriate support throughout the patient’s admission.
- During labor, a COVID-19 positive patient may have one support person.
The complete policy can be accessed here.
Still have questions?
We are also posting all daily bulletins and policies on Michigan Medicine Headlines at https://mmheadlines.org/covid-19-updates/. Please bookmark that site and refer to it throughout the day for the most up-to-date information. An FAQ for staff is also posted and updated frequently.
If you still can’t find what you’re looking for on these web pages, please email email@example.com and your question will be answered as quickly as possible. Do not use this email for sharing patient health information.
Jeffrey Desmond, M.D.
Chief Medical Officer
You must be logged in to post a comment.