Town Hall recording now available
On Friday, April 10, leaders held another Virtual Town Hall to provide updates on COVID-19-related activities and planning across the institution and answer questions.
If you missed it, you can view the video above. FAQs from the Town Hall will be featured in daily COVID-19 updates in the days ahead.
Key takeaways about COVID-19 from the Town Hall include the following:
- As of April 10, Michigan Medicine has had 424 hospitalizations due to COVID-19. Of these, 32 percent were transfers from other hospitals.
- As of April 10, Michigan Medicine has had 178 COVID-19 patients discharged to home or to a skilled nursing facility (SNF).
- Washtenaw and Livingston counties are seeing significant flattening of the curve. Virus transmission doubling rates in these counties is 15+ days, versus 7 days in Wayne, Macomb and Oakland counties.
- With the conversion of 12W in Mott and UH PACU to ICU beds, Michigan Medicine has adequate ICU capacity, which at this point remains above the actual COVID-19 census and need.
- Michigan has one of the highest rates of transmission in the country, behind New York and New Jersey. All are encouraged to continue work from home and social distancing efforts.