Miss the latest Virtual Town Hall? Check out a recording today!
Last Friday, Michigan Medicine leaders held another Virtual Town Hall to provide updates on COVID-19 related activities. If you missed it, view a video of the meeting above.
Some key takeaways from the Town Hall include:
- As Michigan Medicine continues battling the COVID-19 pandemic, focus will need to include not only clinical considerations, but financial implications of reduced revenues streams and budget variances. Plans for a financial turnaround will be shared this week.
- The health system reached a milestone last Wednesday, discharging more COVID-19 patients than admitted for the first time since the crisis began.
- As of Friday, April 17, 230 COVID-19 patients have been discharged to home or a skilled nursing facility. To date, the mortality rate is about 16 percent.
- Michigan Medicine continues to accept transfers of COVID-19 patients from regional hospitals, at an acceptance rate of about 77 percent.
- COVID-19 census has hit a plateau and seems to be declining. Aggressive social distancing and work from home efforts have been impactful to “flattening the curve.”
For the latest updates and news related to COVID-19, visit the Headlines COVID-19 page.