Projects sought to study cardiovascular impact of COVID-19
The Frankel Cardiovascular Center (FCVC) is pleased to announce an urgent call for a focused research effort targeting the cardiovascular impact of the novel COVID-19 virus. The FCVC is looking for researchers with projects that will support a universitywide effort to combat this pandemic and its health impact.
COVID-19: CV Impact Research Ignitor Grant
The Frankel Cardiovascular Center COVID-19: CV Impact Research Ignitor Grant Competition is specifically designed to promote the initiation of a promising project targeting this novel disease’s impact on cardiovascular health.
- Funding range up to $100,000
- Deadline for completed applications is April 17
Applications cannot exceed two pages and must specify no more than one to two hypotheses and include the following information:
- Proposal title
- Principal investigator/project team
- Other key personnel
of specific expenses in a detailed budget is required, with some level of
granularity. Ignitor Grant budget requests may not include:
- the purchase of new equipment (defined as purchase greater than $5,000)
- Faculty effort
- Any recurring annual expense (including service contracts)
- Justification of specific expenses in a detailed budget is required, with some level of granularity. Ignitor Grant budget requests may not include:
IRB and/or UCUCA approval is necessary for grant funds to be released, but approval is not required at the time of submission.
Please send any questions or completed applications to CVC-Research@med.umich.edu.