Plan ahead and expect delays: South University Avenue project
March 16, 2020 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised that a utility project along South University Avenue is scheduled to take place between today and early May.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Beginning today, South University Avenue is scheduled to close to traffic in the eastbound direction between South State Street and East University Avenue for utility improvements.
- During this closure, the contractor will detour traffic southerly on South State Street, easterly on Hill Street and northerly on Church Street back to South University Avenue.
- One-way traffic on South University Avenue through the construction area will be maintained with one lane operating in the westbound direction.
- On Monday, March 23, South University Avenue is expected to close completely between South State Street and Tappan Street.
- Eastbound and westbound through traffic will be detoured using South State Street, Hill Street and Church Street.
- Local traffic in the westbound direction between East University Avenue and Tappan Street will be maintained.
- Weather permitting, the project is anticipated to be concluded in early May.