How to virtually celebrate Match Day
Today is Match Day, an exciting milestone for graduating medical students when they find out where they have been accepted for residency training and will begin the next phase in their medical education.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, at noon, each student received online notification from the National Resident Matching Program (instead of the traditional envelopes in the spirit of social distancing) containing the name of the medical center where they will embark on specialized training to shape their medical careers.
To celebrate, the U-M Medical School is hosting a “virtual Match Day” so that students and their families, and the medical community, can share in their excitement. There are several ways you can participate:
- You are invited to upload a 30-seconds-or-less congratulatory video from your phone or computer that will be shared with students and may be shared publicly. Email Match-Day-2020-Upload@umich.edu to request to be added to the M+Box folder. Once you are approved, you will receive an email letting you know that you can upload your video to the folder via the Box app or website on your computer.
- For social media,
share comments and tag the Medical School when posting to your personal, but
- Twitter: @UmichMedAdmiss (please use hashtags #GoBlueMed and #Match 2020)
- Facebook: @UniversityofMichiganMedicalSchool
- Instagram: @UmichMedSchool
- You can follow virtual Match Day through the following channels:
Thank you for joining this virtual celebration!