Update: Changes coming to business vehicle parking spaces on medical campus
Please be advised that changes are scheduled to take place over the next few weeks regarding some business vehicle parking spaces on the main medical campus.
With parking a challenge at the academic medical center, these changes are designed to make spaces accessible to as many employees as possible throughout the work day.
Here’s what you need to know:
Over the next few weeks, nearly 60 business vehicle spaces will convert to two or four-hour parking instead of all-day parking. In those time-restricted spaces, individuals should park only for the designated amount of time.
Once all the changes are made, here’s a rundown of business parking spaces in each lot/structure and what they will be designated (click on each lot name to see its location):
- Simpson Drive South (M11): 11 four-hour spaces
- Med Inn (M13): 3 four-hour spaces, 2 two-hour spaces
- P1 parking structure: 7 two-hour spaces, 2 all-day spaces
- Mental Health Research Institute (M27): 4 two-hour spaces, 4 four-hour spaces, four all-day spaces
- School of Public Health II East (M28): 3 all-day spaces
- School of Public Health II South (M34): 2 all-day spaces
- Kellogg Eye Center/Turner Dock (M39): 1 all-day space
- Catherine Street parking structure (M5): 5 four-hour spaces
- Medical Professional Building (M52): 3 two-hour spaces
- Huron Street (M57): 1 all-day space
- Glen Street parking structure (M61): 4 two-hour spaces, 3 four-hour spaces, 5 all-day spaces
- North Ingalls Building East (M62): 2 two-hour spaces, 3 all-day spaces
- North Ingalls Building South (M63): 6 two-hour spaces, 2 four-hour spaces
- 400 North Ingalls Building (M64): 2 two-hour spaces, 1 all-day space
- Cornwell Place (M65): 4 all-day spaces
- North Ingalls Street (M66): 2 two-hour spaces, 1 all-day space
- MSRB III Building (M69): 2 two-hour spaces
- Frankel Cardiovascular Center (M73): 2 two-hour spaces
- Ann Street parking structure (M86): 1 all-day space
- Glen at Ann Street (M90): 4 two-hour spaces, 9 all-day spaces
- Wall Street parking structure (M93): 2 all-day spaces
- Detroit Observatory (M94): 1 all-day space
- Arbor Heights (M95): 16 four-hour spaces, 11 all-day spaces
- West Medical Center Drive sidewalk (M98): 4 four-hour spaces, 2 all-day spaces
For those who have all-day meetings, the university’s free shuttle system may be used as an alternative.
Telecommuting may also be an option, or you may contact the organization’s parking and transportation coordinator, Bryan Castillo, who can help you find the ideal solution. Castillo can be reached at email@example.com or visited at his desk at the Welcome Center on Taubman Level 2 (near the connector to Mott).
Click here for more parking and transportation information.