Plan ahead and expect delays: Upcoming road closures
Please be advised that upcoming road work is scheduled to take place around Ann Arbor.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
Small road segment closures are scheduled to take place between today and the end of the day on Wednesday, Feb. 26 across campus.
Flaggers will be onsite to help direct traffic.
The locations are:
- Medical Campus: Eastbound Lawrence Street at the southwest corner of North Ingalls Street.
- North Campus: Northbound Murfin Avenue at the southeast corner of Plymouth Road.
- Central Campus: Westbound East Jefferson Street between Thompson Street and South Division Street; Westbound Hill Street between South Main Street and Brown Street; and Eastbound Hill Street between South State Street and Oakland Avenue
Beginning Thursday, Feb. 27, the northernmost lane on Catherine Street between Zina Pitcher Place and Glen Avenue is expected to be closed.
- Two lanes of westbound traffic will be maintained.
- Pedestrian traffic will be maintained on the south side of Catherine Street and the crosswalk on Catherine at Zina Pitcher will remain open for access to the Buhl Research Center and Taubman Health Sciences Library.
- The project is scheduled to last into the fall.
Finally, a project is scheduled to begin in early March that will cause lane closures to be in effect on South University Avenue between East University Avenue and South State Street.
- Emergency access and local delivery access will be maintained.
- Northern sidewalk closures will be in effect and pedestrian detours will be posted.
- The project is anticipated to last through late fall.