MiChart upgrade coming April 19
The next MiChart upgrade is planned for Sunday, April 19. This will be the first planned upgrade for 2020 with a goal to reduce downtime duration and impact to the organization.
The April upgrade will include updates, system maintenance and new features to the MiChart application. The newest upgrade will enable some significant changes and enhancements, including:
- Improved order search features to boost frequent searches and account for typos
- A new layout in the inpatient Care Plan to review and manage the plan, document progress and resolve the plan, and write the care plan note
- Streamlined LDA Avatar assessment and display
- The LOS (level of service) activity will move from the Wrap Up tab to the bottom right of the Orders Bar so that it will be easily available at any time during the visit
User Experience Labs
To prepare for new features within the upgrade, MiChart users are invited to attend User Experience Labs to test their daily workflows in a practice environment. The labs will offer the opportunity to identify the impact of changes and provide feedback to the MiChart Upgrade project team analysts and trainers.
Sign up using this link — MiChart April 19, 2020 Upgrade User Experience Lab Sign Ups — to attend one of the one-hour sessions offered in Arbor Lakes and at the hospital on the following dates:
- Tuesday, Feb. 25: between 2 p.m. and 8 p.m., UH 2C-228
- Wednesday, Feb. 26: between 8 a.m. and noon, Arbor Lakes
- Thursday, Feb. 27: between 6 a.m. and noon, UH 2C-228
- Tuesday, March 3: between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m., Arbor Lakes
- Wednesday, March 4: between 7 a.m. and 1 p.m., UH 2C-228
- Friday, March 6: between 6 a.m. and noon, UC 2C-228
Please be sure to indicate your role and location so that organizers may better anticipate the type of users and applications that will need support.
Labs are available to all users, but targeted for clinical users. Please note that billing will hold separate, focused lab sessions that will be communicated separately.
For more information