You’re Invited: Evan Newport HOPE & JOY Awards on Dec. 11
All Michigan Medicine faculty and staff are warmly invited to the 2019 Evan Newport HOPE & JOY Awards Ceremony on Wednesday, Dec. 11 from 2-3 p.m. in Ford Auditorium.
This year marks the 10th anniversary of the HOPE Awards.
Beginning at 1:15 p.m., you are welcome to stop by Ford Auditorium to enjoy light refreshments and a celebration.
The annual ceremony will follow, and will honor the finalists and winners of the Evan Newport HOPE and JOY Awards, celebrating the ongoing and innovative practices and initiatives that are improving the patient and family experience at Michigan Medicine. These awards were established to formally recognize the ongoing patient and family centered care practices and initiatives that are happening each day within Michigan Medicine.
Please congratulate the 2019 finalists for the Evan Newport HOPE Award!
Individual finalists, Adult Services
- Susan M. Blaisdell, administrative specialist, Department of Internal Medicine – Hematology/Oncology
- Dan Cronin, M.D., assistant professor, Department of Internal Medicine
- Julia Huang, B.S.N., R.N., CCTC, Transplant Center
- Sarah Merita Judson, administrative specialist, Department of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery
- Nicole Pratt, LLMSW, social worker/eviction prevention coordinator, Community Health Services – Housing Bureau for Seniors
Individual finalists, Children’s, Women’s and Psychiatry Services
- Nicholas Campbell, unit custodian, Environmental Services
- Austin Michalski, R.D.N., CNSC, registered dietitian, Brandon NICU
- Jeffrey L. Myers, M.D., vice chair for clinical affairs and quality, Department of Pathology
- Laurie B. Purcell, health center manager, Briarwood Family Medicine
- Cosmas Van De Ven, M.D., division director, Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Team finalists, Adult Services
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Orientation team, Cardiovascular Medicine at Domino’s Farms
- Emergency Critical Care Center (EC3) Team, Division of Critical Care/Emergency Medicine
- Gender Affirming Healthcare Improvement Team
- Michigan Medicine Security Services Team
Team finalists, Children’s, Women’s and Psychiatry Services
- Cystic Fibrosis Center Pediatric Program, Pediatric Pulmonology
- Non-Abusive Psychological and Physical Intervention (NAPPI) Implementation Team
- Preparing Children for Surgery Team, Mott PACU
- Regional Alliance for Healthy Schools (RAHS) Vision Program Team, Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences and Regional Alliance for Healthy Schools
See you there!