Sort it out: Please place proper items in organization’s linen bins
Please be advised that certain items are being improperly deposited in the organization’s linen bins on a regular basis. Items such as gait belts, ace wraps, slings, medication and pillows have been found in the linen bins.
This not only poses a health risk, but it is also a major safety liability to support services teams, specifically Laundry and Environmental Services employees.
It is important that all items are properly disposed of for the safety of all staff, faculty, patients and families. To help ensure long-term success, there are few things all faculty and staff should keep in mind:
- Safety first! Sort soiled linens into appropriate bins.
- Ace wraps and slings are to be placed in the appropriate bin in your designated soiled logistics room. To view example items, please click here.
- Medications are to be disposed of in appropriate pharmaceutical waste containers. For more information, please click here.
- Trash belongs in trash receptacles. Adding other non-linen items slows down the laundry process.
- Pillows should either stay in the rooms or be placed in the soiled logistics rooms. DO NOT place pillows in linen bins. Please review the pillow guidelines here.
Thank you for your efforts to help maintain a safe and reliable environment at Michigan Medicine!