RISE accepting fellowship applications
RISE is sponsoring an 18-month Fellowship to develop and implement novel ideas in health sciences education and develop individuals as innovators.
All Michigan Medicine faculty, staff and learners (medical or graduate students, residents, fellows and post-doctoral fellows) are eligible to apply if they are able to modify their position/program requirements to accommodate the 0.25 reduction in their employment or education responsibilities required to participate as a RISE Fellow.
Applicants should propose an innovation that will translate knowledge and ideas into new and improved education products, services, or processes for the advancement of science, health and/or health care delivery. Priorities include, but are not limited to, ideas that will:
- Facilitate learner creativity and scientific problem-solving;
- Support transitions along the continuum of education and training (e.g., pre-candidate to candidate; medical school to residency, etc.);
- Coordinate learning systems and clinical/scientific data across this continuum;
- Address key health issues currently facing society.
- Fellowship application brainstorming session: Jan. 8, 2020, 4-5 p.m., 6215 THSL
- Application submission deadline: March 6, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
- Applicant inquiries: April 29, 2020, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Notification of decision: mid-May/early June 2020
- Fellowship period: October 2020 – March 2022