Plan ahead: Holiday parking and transportation schedules
Please be advised that there will be temporary parking and bus schedules in place over the next few weeks around the academic medical center.
The following information will help you to plan ahead when parking your car or getting around during the holiday season.
Unless otherwise indicated, these changes are scheduled to be in place between 5 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 23 and 6 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 2:
- Permits are required in the P1, P2, P3, P4 and P5 parking structures, along with the M95 (Arbor Heights) surface lot. These parking areas will be enforced throughout the holiday season.
- Special signed spaces (gold, accessible, service, business and commercial vehicle) will require appropriate permits and remain enforced at all times.
- Permits are not required in all other U-M parking lots and structures. Recommended “free” parking options include:
- Structures: Glen, Catherine, Ann, Wall St, Fletcher and Palmer
- Surface lots: M27 (Zina Pitcher/Glen), M28 (south of Mary Markley), M29 (Pit lot next to Nichols Arboretum), M34 (along Observatory), M50 (Brehm Tower), M65 (northeast of N. Ingalls Building), M66 (Cornwall Place), M87 (West Wall Street), M71 (Fuller Road) and Fuller Pool
- Medical campus afternoon or night shift staff who cannot be accommodated by the Wall St. Express bus service or “free” options can park in P2 between Dec. 25 and Jan. 1. Staff must exit via a patient/visitor lane and show their Yellow or Orange parking permit to the attendant for free exit.
- On university holidays, Yellow AVI permit parkers can park at P3, P4, P5 & M93 24 hours/day as described here.
- Patient and visitor parking will continue at P1-P5 throughout the holiday season, except on Dec. 25 and Jan. 1, when parking will be free.
- Patient and visitor parking in the Fletcher and Palmer structures will be free throughout the holiday season (Dec. 24 – Jan. 1).
Reduced transit services will be in effect during the holiday season. These changes include:
- The Commuter, Crisler Express, Glazier Express, Med Express, Wall St. routes, North East Shuttle and East Ann Arbor Employee Parking Shuttle will run normal service through Monday, Dec. 23.
- There will be no U-M bus service on Dec. 25 and Jan. 1.
- The East Ann Arbor (EAA) Employee Parking Shuttle and late night Blue Car service will not operate between Dec. 24 and Jan. 1.
- Please note that the EAA Employee Parking Shuttle will end at midnight on Monday, Dec 23. Late night return service from Taubman Center will be provided to the East Ann Arbor gravel lot (EC1) and northeast area lots until 5 a.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 24.
- On Thursday, Jan. 2, the EAA Employee Parking Shuttle will resume at 3:20 a.m.
- A special holiday Wall St. Express bus route will serve the free parking area along Wall St. on Dec. 24, 26, 27, 30 and 31 from 6:15 a.m. – 8 p.m. daily. (See schedules for holiday Wall St. Express and winter break Northwood routes).
Ride Home (734-647-8000, option No. 2) or Emergency Ride Home (call the Division of Public Safety and Security at 734-763-1131) options can be arranged if needed during the holiday season. More information on these services can be found here.
Please refer to the medical campus holiday parking map above for free parking options and routes operating during the holiday season. The map can also be viewed and downloaded by clicking here.
Please share with your colleagues and team members who will be working during the holiday season.
Thank you for your cooperation — and happy holidays!
The U-M parking office at UH South will close at noon on Dec. 24, while the parking office at 523 South Division St. will close at 3 p.m. on Dec. 24. They will both reopen at 7:30 a.m. on Jan. 2.