Get moving in Active U’s 15th year
More than 250 million exercise minutes logged. Tens of thousands of participants. Thousands of teams. Countless steps, laps, downward dogs and pounds lifted.
Since 2005, Active U has been a way for the U-M community to start the new year off by moving more.
Register now for the 15th year of MHealthy’s 12-week physical activity challenge. Sign up by Jan. 13 and start tracking activity minutes on Jan. 14.
Phyllis Taylor, who has participated in Active U for more than a decade, said she looks forward to the team support each year.
“I love being a part of a team of people who all want to be in control of their lives and health,” said Phyllis, the lead assistant director for Alumni Student Recruitment and LEAD Scholars in the Alumni Association. “We raise each other up and stay motivated by doing mini challenges within our team.”
Program highlights include:
- Friendly team competition: You can join or create a team with your coworkers, U-M friends or spouses/other qualified adults (OQA) of employees by Jan. 13. Individual participation is also available.
- Sync your device and app: The online tracker supports a number of tracking devices and free apps. Sync your Fitbit, Jawbone, Garmin, Withings, Misfit, MapMyWalk, RunKeeper and more.
- Donate to charity: This year, participant donations will go toward the Maize and Blue Cupboard food pantry benefiting the U-M community.
- Earn a T-shirt: Successfully complete the program to earn a 15th anniversary Active U T-shirt!
- Qualifies for Rewards: Active U qualifies for MHealthy Rewards 2020 too! Look for more information when Rewards launches on Jan. 14, 2020.
“I’m a healthier, happier person today because of programs like Active U,” said Phyllis. “It continues to motivate me to take care of myself. Last summer I tried cardio drumming for the first time and loved it. I became a certified instructor last year and now teach classes for MHealthy!”
All university faculty, staff and students, as well as retirees, spouses and OQA can participate.