Changes made to Medical Devices Formulary on Supply Chain Services Website
Please be advised that there have been some recent changes to the Medical Device Formulary (formerly All Items) on the Supply Chain Services website.
As a result, there is now a more robust reporting tool which refreshes on a daily basis.
The list below identifies and defines the changes:
- New file name: UMHS Medical Device Formulary (Formerly All Items)
- Removed “UMHS” from the column headers
- Added HOSP Stocking UOM: The unit of measure that the warehouse will issue to the unit
- Added Device Tracking (UHMPU only): “Y” for all implant trackable items
- Removed the word “HOSP“ from the HOSP Utilization column
- Combined the UMHOR and RCAT Item ID columns: The column will display “UMHOR” for any item in the UMHOR business unit, unless there is a RCAT Item ID. In this situation, the RCAT Item ID will be displayed in place of “UMHOR”.
- Added Charge Code: The EAP code used for billing the patient
- Added Charge Code Description: This is where the HCPCS code will be displayed that corresponds with the EAP code
- Added Universal Item ID Type: The identifier used to determine the universal item ID
- Added Universal Item ID: The universally accepted item identifier
- Added Body Systems: The code used for the part of the body the item is designed for
- Refreshed daily at 6 a.m.
The new file can be found using this link.
Please direct all questions the Item Maintenance Team at SC-ITM-MNT@med.umich.edu.