You’re invited: Unconscious Bias workshop
The unconscious mind is a powerful and intrinsic force in helping to shape an individual’s overall behavior in their everyday lives. This interactive session is designed to examine how unconscious bias can affect one’s perceptions, decisions and interactions.
Attendees will learn to:
- Examine their own background and identities to interact more authentically with coworkers, customers and the community
- Discuss how the brain functions, and relate how unconscious bias is a natural function of the human mind
- Identify patterns of unconscious bias that influence decision-making processes
- Confront internal biases and practice conscious awareness
- Practice strategies to create transformational and systemic change in the workplace
Attendees will benefit by:
- Raising self-awareness, sparking conversation with others and initiating new actions
- Enhancing professional and personal effectiveness on and off the job
- Positively influencing personal and organizational decisions
- Creating stronger and more positive work relationships with others
The next session will be held on Friday, Nov. 15 from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. in UH South’s MCHC Auditorium.
Individuals interested in registering can contact Katherine Pearsol at firstname.lastname@example.org.