Friday, November 15, 2019
7:30am - 9:30am
University Hospital South
Unconscious Bias –The unconscious mind is a powerful and intrinsic force in helping to shape our overall behavior in our everyday lives. This interactive session is designed to examine how unconscious bias can affect one’s perceptions, decisions, and interactions.
You will learn to:
- Examine your own background and identities to interact more authentically with co-workers, customers and the community
- Discuss how the brain functions, and relate how unconscious bias is a natural function of the human mind
- Identify patterns of unconscious bias that influence decision-making processes
- Confront internal biases and practice conscious awareness
- Practice strategies to create transformational and systemic change in the workplace
You will benefit by:
- Raising self-awareness, sparking conversation with others and initiating new actions
- Enhancing your professional and personal effectiveness on and off the job
- Positively influencing personal and organizational decisions
- Creating stronger and more positive work relationships with others
Individuals interested in registering can contact Katherine Pearsol at email@example.com.