Plan ahead: Medical School facilities notification for Thanksgiving holiday
Please note the following modified services that will be in effect for the U-M Medical School over the Thanksgiving holiday, Thursday, Nov. 28 and Friday, Nov. 29.
For assistance during the holiday, please call:
- Division of Public Safety and Security (DPSS) for crimes, safety concerns or other emergency situations: 734-763-1131 (or 911 from a campus phone)
- Facilities & Operations Facilities Service Center for maintenance requests, including custodial, grounds and parking maintenance: 734-647-2059
There will be no dock services or M-Ship services over the Thanksgiving holiday. NCRC Dock 90, Medical School Receiving Dock 6 (1150 West Medical Center Drive) and BSRB Receiving Dock 7 (109 Zina Pitcher) will be closed from 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 27 until 7 a.m. on Monday, Dec. 2. Please notify vendors of dock closings when placing orders. Contact Research Services at 734-763-0773 if you have any questions or concerns.
There will be no glass-wash or biohazard waste pickup services on Thursday, Nov. 28 or Friday, Nov. 29. Please note, clinical operations will be supported through the Thanksgiving holiday.
All card read doors will lock on their regular schedule on Wednesday, Nov. 27 and require an active programmed MCard for access through the weekend. Scheduled hours will resume on Monday, Dec. 2. To request MCard access in time for the Thanksgiving holiday, please email Med.School.Access@umich.edu by Monday, Nov. 25.
Hospital staff MCard access has been added to the following building doors:
- Buhl: 4th floor door
- Medical Science 1: 3rd floor/Rogel Cancer Center connector double doors
- Medical Science 1: 4th floor lobby door,
- Medical Science 1: 4th floor stair entrance door
- Medical Science 2: 3rd floor lobby door
STAFF, PATIENT & VISITOR PARKING
Click here for the Logistics, Transportation & Parking Thanksgiving holiday schedule.
There will be NO university transit, SafeRide or shuttle bus services on Thursday, Nov. 28 and Friday, Nov. 29. Regular weekend transit service will resume on Saturday, November 30th.
Limited custodial service will be provided during the Thanksgiving holiday in all buildings. There will be no trash pickup in offices or labs. Call the Facilities Service Center if there are additional needs.
Classrooms may be scheduled over the Thanksgiving holiday, but Classroom Services for such things as room set-up, will not be available over the holiday.
GROUNDS SERVICE (snow removal)
Limited grounds service will be provided during the Thanksgiving holiday. Please use the main building entrances in the event of a heavy snow. These will be the first locations to be cleared, along with service areas. Use caution when walking on any surface as conditions can change quickly. Call the Facilities Service Center if any areas need additional attention.
CAFE & VENDING SERVICES
The Taubman Health Sciences Library Café will have reduced hours on Monday, Nov. 25 and Tuesday, Nov. 26. It will be closed on Wednesday, Nov. 27 through Sunday, Dec. 1. Normal hours will resume on Monday, Dec 2.
The BSRB Café will close at 1 p.m. on Nov. 27. Regular hours will resume on Monday, Dec. 2.
The NCRC Picasso Café in Buildings 18 and 520 will have reduced hours on Wednesday, Nov. 27 (from 7:30 a.m. until 2 p.m.) and will be closed Nov. 28-29. Regular hours will resume Monday, Dec. 2.
The Market Twenty 4 Seven in NCRC and MSRB 3 will be stocked during the holiday.
The NCRC Wellness Center will be closed at 9 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 27 and will reopen at 5 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 29.
Please do your part to help reduce utility consumption and make a positive impact on the environment by:
- Turning off all unused office equipment, such as computers, monitors, printers, fans, coffee makers and task lighting, and unplugging cell phone chargers
- Closing windows to prevent water pipes and sprinkler heads from freezing
- Closing fume hoods and, where available, switching them to the “low” or “unoccupied” setting
Throughout campus, please help maintain a safe and secure environment. Please remind staff, faculty and student colleagues to complete the following before they leave their work, research or living areas for the weekend:
- Close and lock all windows and doors
- Secure valuables and lock desks and closets
- Ensure the safe shutdown of labs that will not be operational over the holiday (cap chemicals, shut down equipment, etc.
- Call DPSS for any hazardous or radioactive spills
Have a happy and safe holiday!