Plan ahead: Additional bus service beginning Monday, Nov. 11
In response to valuable feedback provided by employees, the organization is improving bus service during peak commuting hours.
The additional service will debut on Monday, Nov. 11, and will improve the frequency and reduce crowding along popular routes from Glazier Way and Crisler Center lots.
New express shuttles will be labeled as Glazier Express and Crisler Express. The buses will be white, with branding on them identifying them as “Michigan Medicine Shuttles” and the route names. Each bus will have approximately 40 seats with additional standing capacity.
Here’s what you need to know about each of the express shuttles:
- Glazier Express: Two additional buses will improve travel between the Glazier Way lot and the academic medical center. Scheduling complements existing Med Express and Commuter service and is intended to maximize efficiency.
- Morning Glazier Express service will provide direct service from Glazier Way to the medical center, including a stop along Fuller Road (across from Mitchell Field). Service will run approximately every 20 minutes Monday-Friday, beginning at 5:37 a.m. from Glazier Way with the last departure at approximately 9:57 a.m. Combined with other routes, this increases the frequency of service from the Glazier Way lot to every 3-5 minutes. See route and schedule.
- Afternoon Glazier Express service will provide a more direct return service from the medical center to Glazier Way. Service will run every 20 minutes Monday-Friday, and begin from Couzens at 3:05 p.m., with the last departure at approximately 7:25 p.m. Combined with Commuter North, this increases the frequency of service from Michigan Medicine to Glazier Way every 3-5 minutes. See route and schedule.
- Crisler Express: Two additional buses will enable a new morning express service and increase frequency for the existing afternoon service.
- Morning Crisler Express service will provide direct service from Crisler Center lots to the medical center. Service will run approximately every 20 minutes Monday-Friday, beginning at 5:35 a.m. from SC-7 with the last departure at approximately 9:55 a.m. Combined with Commuter North, service is increased from every 10 minutes to every five minutes. See route and schedule.
- Afternoon Crisler Express service will supplement existing service, extending the hours and improving frequency Monday-Friday. Service will begin at 2:55 p.m. from Cancer Center with the last departure at approximately 7:15 p.m. It will run every 10 minutes. See route and schedule.
Please note, the new additional bus service will not show in MagicBus (DoubleMap) live tracking.
For more information and parking maps, click here.
Thank you for providing feedback and helping Michigan Medicine improve parking and transportation options for employees!