Change it Up! – Bystander Intervention Session
Thursday, December 12, 2019
1:30pm - 3:30pm
Change it Up! – Bystander Intervention – brings bystander intervention skills to the University of Michigan community for the purpose of building inclusive, respectful and safe communities. It is based on a nationally recognized four-stage bystander intervention model that helps individuals intervene in situations that negatively impact individuals, organizations, and the campus community. The content in this program has been used for student groups across campus, and is now being offered for University of Michigan faculty and staff. Through the use of educational theater, Change it Up! Provides opportunities for participants to discuss and practice how to leverage bystander intervention skills within their campus communities.
You will learn to:
· Identify self-awareness and social responsibility as qualities of strong personal leadership
· Discuss your own and others’ identities and experiences
· Determine the various options for effectively intervening during a negative situation
· Develop your ability to assess which intervention option is based on the situation
· Discuss and practice how to leverage bystander intervention skills within their campus communities
Individuals interested in registering can contact Katherine Pearsol at email@example.com.