Faculty workshop: Writing successful scientific papers
Join this workshop, titled “Top Five Errors Authors Make When Writing Scientific Papers,” sponsored by Faculty Development.
Tom Annesley, Ph.D., will discuss ways to avoid the top errors that authors make when developing scientific papers.
Among the common errors Annesley will cover are:
- The introduction: Failure to set the scene for the reader
- The results: Confusing data from results
- Figures and tables: Difficulty reading and grasping the message
- The discussion: Making a poor argument for your work
- Responding to reviewers: Failure to help reviewers see changes
When: Tuesday, Nov. 5
Time: 8 a.m. – 10 a.m. or 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Where: Biomedical Science Research Building (BSRB) Seminar Rooms (1st floor)
This workshop is hosted by the Office of Faculty Development and is intended for faculty. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to attend this workshop, or have questions about accessibility, please contact us at UMMS-Faculty-Development@med.umich.edu or 734-764-2574. Please also let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies. Advance notice is necessary as some accommodations may require more time for the University to arrange so letting us know at least 2 weeks in advance is much appreciated.