Expect delays: Upcoming road construction projects
October 18, 2019 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised of upcoming road work near the academic medical center.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Beginning Sunday morning, Oct. 20, and lasting
throughout the day, rolling lane closures are expected on the following roads
for asphalt maintenance work:
- East Medical Center Drive
- West Medical Center Drive
- Nichols Drive adjacent to the M29 parking lot
- East Hospital Drive from East Medical Center Drive north to around the curve
- Washington Heights from East Medical Center Drive south to the curve
- Palmer Drive
- Two-way traffic will be maintained by a flagperson.
- Expected to begin Monday morning, Oct. 21, the
westernmost lane of Maiden Lane Court is scheduled to be closed for work on the
Wall Street East parking structure rain garden.
- One-way traffic will be maintained and road and sidewalk closures will be opened up at the end of the day to restore regular traffic.
- The U-M bus stop on Maiden Lane Court will be moved to Nielsen Court.
- The closures are likely to last up to three weeks.
Details on U-M bus route detours can be found by clicking here.