Plan ahead and expect delays: Road closures around Ann Arbor
September 20, 2019 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised that road work and special events are expected to cause road closures around Ann Arbor in the coming days.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- From 3 p.m. until midnight today, Maynard Street from East Liberty Street to the entrance of the Maynard Street parking structure is expected to be closed for the Movies on Maynard event. The parking structure will remain accessible from both Maynard and Thompson Streets.
- East Washington Street from South Thayer to Fletcher is scheduled to be closed until 7 p.m. tonight for the Washtenaw County Climate Strike.
- From 6 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 21 until 1 a.m. on Sunday, Sept. 22, South State Street between East Liberty and East William, and North University between South State Street and South Thayer Street, are expected to be closed for the Game Watch on State Street event.
- On Monday, Sept. 23, the next phase of underground duct bank work is scheduled to begin on Church Street between South University and Geddes.
- The work will occur in two phases. During phase 1, Church Street will be closed to through traffic from South University to the Church Street parking structure’s northwest entrance/exit. Two-way local traffic will be maintained.
- During phase 2, Church Street will be closed to through traffic from Geddes Avenue to the Church Street parking structure’s northwest entrance/exit. Two-way local traffic will be maintained.
- During the entirety of the project, at least one of the parking structure’s entrance/exits on Church Street will be accessible, and the entrance/exit off of South Forest will remain open.
- Specific timing of the two phases will be shared in upcoming communications.
- From Monday, Sept. 23 until Monday, Oct. 14, traffic is anticipated to be reduced to one lane on westbound Fuller Road between Bonisteel Boulevard and Cedar Bend Drive for water main work.