Reminder: Student move-in begins tomorrow
Don’t forget, student move-in will begin tomorrow across the U-M campus.
To help you prepare, please be advised that there will be multiple changes to usual traffic and parking patterns around Michigan Medicine facilities.
Here’s what you need to know:
Move-in 2019 will take place on Wednesday, Aug. 28, Thursday, Aug. 29 and Friday, Aug. 30.
University Housing is coordinating move-in to manage the traffic impact on the Ann Arbor and campus communities.
With the cooperation of the City of Ann Arbor, the following streets in the immediate vicinity of residence halls will see traffic-flow alterations from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on all three dates:
- Thompson: One-way traffic flow southbound from Jefferson to Packard streets.
- East Madison: One-way traffic flow eastbound between Thompson and State streets.
- East Washington: One-way traffic flow westbound between Fletcher and Thayer streets.
- East Ann: One-way traffic flow eastbound from Zina Pitcher to Observatory streets.
- Observatory: One-way traffic flow southbound between East Ann and Geddes streets.
Most, if not all, parking meters in the immediate vicinity of residence halls will be bagged and reserved for students and families who display the proper move-in unloading permit. Additional parking changes will impact university parking lots and structures that will be converted to move-in use ONLY for the duration of the program.
These lots include:
- Lot M-28 (on Washington Heights)
- Lot M-95 (just east of Markley Hall — the west half of the lot is dedicated to move-in)
- Lot E-1 (on North University Court across from Stockwell Hall)
- Palmer Parking Structure (N-26): All visitor parking will be for move-in participants
- W16 (“Triangle”) Lot: Thompson at Madison and Packard will be controlled for move-in
- Lot NC32 (Baits drive south of Baits 2): 20 spaces will be reserved for move-in participants
Uniformed Housing Security officers and University Police officers will be on site during move-in and will aid in maintaining efficient traffic-flow in the residence hall areas.
Both the Ann Arbor Area Transit Authority (www.theride.org) and University Logistics, Transportation and Parking (ltp.umich.edu) will also be changing some bus routes to accommodate the changes in traffic flow. Please visit their websites for details.
For additional information about student move-in 2019, please click here.
Thank you for your cooperation and patience!
You must be logged in to post a comment.