Plan ahead and expect delays: Road closures around Ann Arbor
August 20, 2019 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised that a number of construction projects and special events are ongoing or scheduled to take place around Ann Arbor in the coming days.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- From now until Wednesday, Oct. 9, Broadway
Street near Plymouth Road is scheduled to be closed to most vehicle traffic.
- Southbound traffic will be detoured south on Broadway to eastbound Plymouth Road.
- Southbound Broadway Street traffic will be detoured north on Broadway to westbound Plymouth Road.
- Local businesses will have access maintained. Pedestrian traffic will be maintained as well.
- From now until 3 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 29,
the southbound lanes of South State Street between Stimson and Oakbrook Drive
are anticipated to be closed to traffic.
- Southbound traffic will be detoured south on South Industrial Highway and west on Eisenhower Parkway back to South State Street.
- Northbound traffic will be maintained.
- Henry Street between South State Street and White Street, and Mary Street between East Hoover Ave. and Benjamin Street, will temporarily become two-way traffic to maintain access to residential driveways during this project.
- From Wednesday, Aug. 21 until Friday, Aug.
30, West Liberty Street between South Seventh and West Stadium Boulevard is
expected to be closed for resurfacing.
- Traffic will be detoured southerly on South Seventh Street, west on Pauline Boulevard and north on West Stadium back to West Liberty.
- One-way traffic on West Liberty will be maintained, heading eastbound.
- Between 6 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 22, Liberty Street between South Fifth and Division is scheduled to be closed for the Sonic Lunch special event.