Get moving this fall with Active U Autumn
Maybe it’s the team support and sense of community … or being accountable for reaching a weekly exercise goal. Maybe it’s the friendly competition among units.
Whatever the reason, each year thousands in the U-M community return to Active U Autumn to get moving with their coworkers and friends.
Register now through Sept. 16 for MHealthy’s eight-week physical activity challenge. Tracking exercise minutes starts on Sept. 17.
Set your own exercise minute goal based on your current amount of activity. Each week, aim to reach or exceed your goal.
Active U Autumn program highlights include:
- Individual or team participation: Sign up, then choose whether to stay an individual participant or join/create a team.
- Friendly team competition: Join a team or create a team with coworkers, U-M friends or spouses/other qualified adults (OQA). Team rosters must be set by Sept. 16.
- Online tracker: Log in on your computer or mobile device to easily log exercise minutes and see weekly progress.
- Sync your fitness device or app: The tracker supports a number of wearable activity devices and free apps. Fitbit, Jawbone, Garmin, Withings, Misfit, MapMyWalk, RunKeeper are just a few supported by the program.
- Donate to charity: This year’s participant donations will go toward the Michigan Mittens for Chemotherapy Patients Project.
- Opportunity to win prizes: Strive to meet your exercise minute goal all eight weeks to have a chance to win an Amazon gift card.
Active U Autumn is open to U-M employees, students, retirees and employees’ spouses and OQAs.