Plan ahead and expect delays: Ongoing and upcoming road work
July 23, 2019 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised that ongoing construction projects and special events are expected to cause road closures around Ann Arbor.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- From now until 3 p.m. Friday, July 26, the intersection of Fuller Road and Fuller Court is scheduled to be closed to traffic.
- During this project, Fuller Court will only be accessible from the eastern intersection with Fuller Road (southeast of Glazier Way).
- On westbound Jackson Avenue between Highlake Avenue and Wagner Road, traffic is anticipated to be reduced to one lane from now until Monday, Aug. 5.
- Fourth Avenue from Huron Street to Washington Street is expected to be closed from today until Aug. 16.
- Southbound Fourth Avenue traffic will be detoured west on Huron Street, south on North First Street, east on Washington Street to South Fourth Avenue.
- Northbound traffic will be detoured westbound on Washington Street, north on Main Street, east on Huron Street to North Fourth Avenue.
- An ongoing project along westbound William Street, between State and Division, is expected to last until Friday, Aug. 16.
- Traffic will be detoured north on State Street to west on Liberty Street to south on Fifth Avenue and back to William street.
- From now until 7 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 30, Greene from Hoover Avenue to Kipke Drive is anticipated to be closed.
- Hoover Avenue traffic will continue to be closed to through traffic between Main Street and Greene, and between Greene to the west side of Division.
- Hoover Avenue will also continue to be closed to westbound traffic between Division and State Street.
- Additionally, two lanes of traffic will be shifted to the east on State Street at Hoover Avenue to allow for curb removal. This is scheduled to be a three-day project.
- Traffic on Greene will be detoured utilizing Main Street and Hill.
- Traffic on Hoover will be detoured utilizing Main Street, Hill, Packard and State.
- Due to the is project, U-M commuter buses will be using alternate routes. Click here for details.
- From 9 a.m. on Wednesday, July 24 until Thursday, July 25, southbound Huron Parkway between Plymouth Road and Glazier Way is scheduled to be closed.
- Southbound traffic will be detoured at Plymouth Road to southbound Green Road, then west on Glazier Way back to Huron Parkway. Southbound traffic will then utilize the “Michigan left” to return to the original direction of travel.
- During the closure, pedestrians will be detoured to the east side of the street.
- From 6 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Thursday, July 25, Liberty Street between South Fifth Avenue and Division Street is expected to be closed for the Sonic Lunch special event.