Plan ahead and expect delays: Construction, special events to cause road closures
Please be advised that a number of construction projects and special events are planned over the next few days that will cause road closures around the area.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know.
- From now until 7 p.m. on Friday, July 26, eastbound traffic on Hoover Avenue between Division and State streets is scheduled to be shifted to the north side of the road.
- Hoover Avenue will continue to be closed to through traffic between Main Street and Greene, and between Greene and the west side of Division.
- Hoover Avenue will also continue to be closed to westbound traffic between Division and State Street.
- Eastbound Hoover Avenue traffic will be detoured on Main Street to Hill to Packard to State.
- Westbound Hoover Avenue traffic will be detoured on State Street to Packard to Hill to Main Street.
- From now until 7 a.m. on Wednesday, July 17, North University between Fletcher and Thayer is expected to be closed for the Townie Party special event.
- From 3 p.m. until 8 p.m. today, July 15, the following streets are scheduled to be closed for the Ann Arbor Mile-Dart for Art special event:
- State Street from Hill to Washington
- Oakland from Hill to Monroe
- Monroe from State Street to Tappan
- William from Maynard to State Street
- Madison from Thompson to State Street
- Tappan from Monroe to South University
- South University from Tappan to State Street
- Liberty between Maynard and State Street
- North University between State and Thayer
- From 6 a.m. on Wednesday, July 17 until 6 a.m. on Monday, July 22, the following streets are likely to be closed for the Ann Arbor Art Fair:
- Liberty from South Ashley to South State Street; Ashley Street, Fourth Avenue, Fifth Avenue and Division Street will remain open to through traffic. The Washtenaw Non-Profits will occupy Liberty Street between Fifth Avenue and 200 feet west of Division Street.
- North University from Fletcher to South State Street
- Thayer, from North University — including the North University intersection — to East Washington
- East Washington from South State Street to Fletcher
- South Main Street from the south side of Huron Street to the north side of William; Huron, Washington and William streets will remain open to traffic
- South State Street from East Washington to Madison
- South University from State to South Forest
- East University from South University to Willard Street
- Church from Willard to the entrance of the U-M Church Street parking structure
- Maynard from Liberty to Jefferson
- Jefferson from Maynard to Thompson
- William from State Street to Thompson
- Thompson from Liberty to the parking structure entrance/exit.
Additionally, in relation to the art fair, please allow extra time while traveling. U-M commuter buses will be following detours from Monday, July 15 through the end of service on Friday, July 19.
Click here for additional information.
AAATA buses will also be following detours.