Don’t forget: Apply for RISE Innovation Mini-Grants
RISE is funding two $5,000 Innovation Mini-Grants for faculty, staff and learners at Michigan Medicine who are interested in promoting innovation in medical and/or graduate education with the potential to advance science, health and health care delivery.
RISE focuses on educational practices and interventions that strive to improve health. The strategic priorities identified during the pilot phase of RISE include ideas that will address one or more of the following strategic priorities:
- Facilitate learner creativity and scientific problem-solving;
- Support transitions along the continuum (e.g., pre-candidate to candidate; medical school to residency, etc.);
- Coordinate learning systems and clinical/scientific data across the continuum;
- Address key health issues currently facing
society, such as:
- Health care access (including costs, delivery or disparities)
- High-prevalence health conditions (including obesity, mental health and chronic pain)
- Preventative health care (including vaccinations and ecological issues)
Individuals receiving these mini-grants will also work with an “innovation coach” to develop and implement their innovation project as well as participate in our monthly RISE community activities (to be launched in October).
- Application submission deadline: July 26 at 11:59 p.m.
- Interviews: Aug. 19 from 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. (Note: if invited to interview, you will be assigned to a specific 45-minute block of time)
- Notification of decision: late August
- Funding begins: October