Wall Street West parking structure construction now underway
June 5, 2019 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be reminded that construction of the new Wall Street West parking structure is underway!
The construction will likely last until late Fall 2020.
The new deck will include more than 1,000 parking spaces for employees and will be built over the existing surface parking lots at M76, M91 and M92.
Here’s what else you need to know about the construction:
- Beginning June 10, Michigan Medicine will introduce new direct shuttle service between the East Ann Arbor lot (EC1) and Wall Street to benefit those who work at locations along or near Wall Street.
- This shuttle service is a separate van and route and is in addition to the current shuttle service that services the main medical campus. The existing schedule and number of vans is not changing.
- This cost-effective option will offer free parking at EC1 and will allow employees to turn in their current parking permit. (A daily permit can be purchased if you have occasional need to bring your vehicle to campus). A permit can be turned in during the construction period for a savings and then be re-purchased when if the decision is made to utilize the new deck.
- The service will operate two hours in the morning and two hours in the afternoon, offering free parking at EC1 and direct service between EC1 and Wall Street. The shuttle vehicles will be clearly marked.
- Wall Street drop-offs and pick-ups will be at the front entrance of W.K. Kellogg Eye Center — Brehm Center. The Wall Street drivers will not be able to add stops on the main medical campus. Anyone who takes the Wall St. shuttle is able to walk up or use the bus service from the existing Wall St. deck.
- Trip times include:
- For trips outside of the shuttle’s service hours, parkers may utilize the East Ann Arbor Employee Parking Shuttle with service to/from the Rogel Cancer Center (involves a walk or short bus trip on the Wall St. Express or Wall St. – NIB bus).
- Emergency Ride Home (24/7 service) is also available as an emergency back-up option (up to six uses per year). It provides a free ride to your residence or parked car by calling DPSS directly at 734-763-1131.
- Additional parking and transportation options for the Wall Street area are also available. They include:
- University parking adjacent or within walking distance to the Wall Street area
- U-M commuter lots with existing bus service to/from the Rogel Cancer Center (involves a walk to/from Rogel Cancer Center or short bus trip on the Wall St. Express or Wall St. – NIB)
- EAA lot (EC1) with Employee Parking Shuttle (free), North Campus commuter lots and Ross Athletic Campus commuter lots
- AAATA provides direct bus service to the Wall Street area along Plymouth Road from: Plymouth Road Park-and-Ride (free), Green Road Park-and-Ride (free) and NCRC area lots within walking distance to Plymouth Road. Click here for more AAATA park-and-ride options (passengers can transfer at the Blake Transit Center).
For the most updated information to plan your trip, use Google Maps or another transit app.
You can also use the Magic Bus system for real-time bus arrival data.
Complete maps are also available of North Campus/Medical Campus parking, as well as Central Campus/Ross Athletic Campus parking.
You must be logged in to post a comment.