Plan ahead and expect delays: Upcoming road work and July 4 events
June 28, 2019 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised that road work and special Independence Day events may impact traffic patterns around Ann Arbor in the coming days.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- From Saturday, June 29 until Sunday, June 30, intermittent single-lane closures are planned for Packard Road between Platt and U.S.-23. Two-way traffic and pedestrian access will be maintained, sometimes with the use of flagging operations. The work is likely to take place between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. on Saturday and between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. on Sunday.
- On Thursday, July 4 from 4 a.m. to 11 a.m., the following streets are scheduled to be closed for the Firecracker 5K:
- Main Street from Washington to Liberty
- Washington from Main Street to State Street
- State Street from Monroe to Washington
- Liberty from Main Street to State Street
- William from Main Street to State Street
- South University from State Street to East University
- From 8 a.m. until 1 p.m. on Thursday, July 4, the following streets are expected to be closed for the Jaycees 4th of July Parade:
- South State Street from South University to East Washington
- East Liberty from Maynard to South Main
- South Main from Liberty to Washington
- East Washington from South Main to State Street
- North University from South State Street to Fletcher
- Fletcher from North University to East Washington
- South Thayer from North University to East Washington
- From noon until 4 p.m. on Thursday, July 4, Maynard Street between East Liberty and East William is scheduled to be closed for the Firefighter Spray Park in the District event.