Plan ahead and expect delays: Upcoming road closures
May 30, 2019 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised that a number of construction projects and special events are expected to cause road closures around Ann Arbor.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Today and tomorrow, May 30-31, Thompson Street between William and Liberty is scheduled to be closed for storm sewer work.
- Northbound traffic will be detoured eastbound on William Street to northbound on Maynard Street to westbound on Liberty Street.
- Southbound traffic will be detoured westbound on Liberty Street to southbound on Fifth Avenue to eastbound on William Street.
- Driveways and local traffic between William and Liberty will be maintained. Pedestrian traffic will be maintained on one side of the street at all times.
- From 5 p.m. on Friday, May 31 and 10 p.m. on Saturday, June 1, the following streets are expected to be closed for the African-American Downtown Festival:
- East Ann Street from North Main Street to North Fifth Avenue
- North Fourth Avenue from Catherine Street to East Huron
- From 6 a.m. until midnight on Saturday, June 1, Ashley and South First Street between Huron and Washington is anticipated to be closed for the Treeverb Music Festival.
- On Sunday, June 2, the following streets are scheduled to be closed for the Dexter-Ann Arbor Run:
- North Main Street from Miller/Catherine to Huron Street (from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.).
- North Main Street from Kingsley Street to Miller (from 7 a.m. to noon).
- Southbound lanes of North Main Street from Kingsley to Huron River Drive (from 7 a.m. to noon) — please note, one northbound lane will be converted to southbound travel.
- The surface parking lot at Ann Street and North Main Street (from 4 p.m. on Saturday, June 1 until 2 p.m. on Sunday, June 2).
- Ann Street from North Ashley Street to North Fourth Avenue (from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.).
- Huron River Drive (from 7:45 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.)
- From 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. on Sunday, June 2, the following streets are scheduled to be closed for the 5K:
- Main Street from Ann to Summit
- Summit from Main to Wildt
- Wildt from Summit to Sunset
- Sunset from Wild to Vesper
- Vesper from Sunset to Red Oak
- Red Oak from Vesper to Robin
- Robin from Red Oak to Brooks
- Brooks from Robin to Hiscock
- Hiscock from Brooks to Main
- From 6 a.m. until 6 p.m. on Sunday, June 2, the following streets are expected to be closed for the Taste of Ann Arbor:
- South Main Street from Washington to William
- Liberty from South Ashley to South Fourth Avenue